Tuesday 6 March 2012

Rockabilly finds

Hello!!


I can't believe its been almost two weeks since my last post. The time has flown. I have had some exciting news in the last week, I was successful in the job that I applied for and have handed my notice in at my current job. See, some might think me strange but I actually love retail. And the aspects that I love the most just weren't really happening, so it was time to go looking for a new, refreshing environment. 
I literally have three shifts to go and I start my new job on the 13th!! Its all happened so quickly!


Any ways, so that kind of explains my absence. :)


Now, I recently went into town with my mum for a bit of window shopping, catch up and lunch and we came across this pretty little gem in a charity shop.


Isn't that the cutest little halter neck top ever. Its so girly and made both of us think 1950's. I can't wait for summer to come and let me wear this. I have it hanging up on my door as a reminder that summer will eventually return. (In my part of the UK we had snow two days ago. I hate snow)
I imagine myself wearing this, sitting under a glorious tree, sipping a drink and watching the world behind my heart shaped sunglasses. I'm thinking I could wear this with a pair of capris? Or some cute shorts. Any suggestions......  ;)


I also managed to find some rockabilly accessories in my high street. This is super rare. 



Black scarf with cherries on. A good find from H&M. It is a 'loop' scarf, if thats the term for it? I'm unsure as its the first one I've ever owned. It basically doesn't have ends, if anyone wants to inform me of what the term is. It is a lot of material and goes round my neck comfortably three times. I don't have enough clothes and accessories with cherry print on.




Next, I brought my biggest hair flower to date. Also from H&M! I'm a bit nervous about wearing large hair flowers, especially as my hair is still quite short (but slowly getting longer, yay!) and my head is small. But its cute and in the end I guess you just have to go for it. It also looks awesome when I curl my hair.


So, I reckon I'm slowly building a rockabilly/vintage wardrobe and its making me feel great.
I am looking forward to my fresh start in my new job, and a summer full of sunshine and rockabilly clothes. And hopefully longer hair!!


Kisses


Ps; Hi new followers *waves*. Hope you enjoy my blog. :)